Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Download Pictures at 1200x1200 Pixels

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

After editing my pictures for my website, I then keep trying to download my images at 1200x1200 pixels but they keep downloading at 1200x900.

Anyone know why my pictures are not downloading at the pixels I want? And how can I make them this exact size?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

I assume you mean 'exporting'. When you export images, you can change the size in pixels, but not the aspect ratio. So if the original is 4000 x 3000 pixels, for example, then the resized exported image will become 1200 x 900 pixels if you set the size to 1200 pixels width, not 1200 x 1200 pixels. To get a square image, you need to make a square crop first and then export at 1200 pixels wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they actually cropped to a 1:1 ratio? 1200x900 sounds like an image cropped to 4x3 aspect ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time, I figured out the problem, thanks so much for your time and input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't download images at a given size ... they exist at some size and the download process will not change the size to 1200x1200.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time, I figured out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean 'exporting'. When you export images, you can change the size in pixels, but not the aspect ratio. So if the original is 4000 x 3000 pixels, for example, then the resized exported image will become 1200 x 900 pixels if you set the size to 1200 pixels width, not 1200 x 1200 pixels. To get a square image, you need to make a square crop first and then export at 1200 pixels wide.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! Exactly what I needed explained

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines