• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to transfer my Lightroom Classic Collections from my old Mac to my new Mac

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my old Mac Pro ('08), I created a bunch of 'Collections' in Lightroom Classic CC.  I bought a 2019 iMac in July, reinstalled Lightroom Classic and am trying to figure out how to transfer over those 'Collections.'  Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this?  The photos referenced are on the same external drive I connected to my old computer when editing, and are in the same folders.  I have no interest in editing on a mobile device such as my iPhone, however, if I have to create a mobile account of some type to get my former 'Collections' folders/bins to show up, I'm all ears.  If there is an alternative method where I can just copy a file from somewhere on my old computer onto a USB drive and install it to some appropriate place on my new computer, I would prefer that.

Thanks for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Collections are just LISTS of image File name.

The Collections are Recorded in the Catalog file.

Did you Copy your original catalog file over from your older ( 08 ) Mac to your Newer ( 2019 ) Mac?

If not that is What You should of done.

How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections are just LISTS of image File name.

The Collections are Recorded in the Catalog file.

Did you Copy your original catalog file over from your older ( 08 ) Mac to your Newer ( 2019 ) Mac?

If not that is What You should of done.

How do I move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  Followed the instructions in the article and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines