• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two instances of the same folder with different contents in Folders panel

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lightroom Classic 9.2 on a Macbook Pro.

I have multiple instances of a mystifying (to me) behavior. I will describe one instance below. I have also attached a file with a screen capture from Lightroom, with extraneous folders blacked out. 

1. Under Folders in the left panel, there is a volume called Photos Backup on Seagate 5TB. Immediately under this is a folder with the same name, Photos BackUp on Seagate 5TB. It has a subfolder called LEK Photos, which has a subfolder called Others' Photos, which has a subfolder called LEK. Inside LEK are 8 images.

2. Lower down on the left panel, just above Collections, there is another instance of the volume Photos BackUp on Seagate 5TB.  Underneath it is a folder called LEK. Inside LEK are 6 images. Three of these images are different from the images in the other LEK folder mentioned in #1. 

No matter what I do, I cannot get these two LEK folders "on the same page". I have tried Library > Synchronize Folder to no avail. If I try to move the 3 images from LEK folder #2 to LEK folder #1, the system complains that the files already exist in the destination folder. If they're there, why can't I see them in LEK folder #1? (I should mention that when I examine the LEK folder in Mac's Finder, it contains the correct 11 images. So the view of the LEK folder in Mac's finder does not match the view of either LEK folder in Lightroom.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! The fix worked. I am extremely relieved and very grateful to you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines