• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two users in same mac

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it allowed for two people to use their own Classic Lightroom license on the same mac computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Mac user, have never tried to use one. I have been a Windows user for years and years. I have been thinking about this question and trying to go through the process of how to use two different licenses on the same computer. It seems that it would be challenging, to say the least. Since LrC links with the cloud each user has the potential to have collections linked, so it would be necessary to log out in the creative cloud application and login for each user, and that could get confusing. That log out/login process wouldn't automatically switch catalogs from one user to the other, so it would take extremely careful management to make this work IF it will even work. Maybe I'm not looking at this the  right way, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At a quick glance, the Adobe programs/services on Windows looking at the account info all seem to be running in the user's context. This suggests that the correct account info would be used for each user as long at the users all formally log in and out of their Windows session. A quick test would verify this for Windows users about it working or not.

This suggests that it would work the same way on the Mac OS. However, as a Windows programmer, I don't know enough about the Mac OS details to give a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines