Highlighted

Unable to access account closed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access an account that was closed due to my misunderstanding (it was my son's account and he passed away.) I thought the features he was paying for would no longer be available, but that the photos he had saved would still be accessible. How can I get these so I can save them elsewhere?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to access account closed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access an account that was closed due to my misunderstanding (it was my son's account and he passed away.) I thought the features he was paying for would no longer be available, but that the photos he had saved would still be accessible. How can I get these so I can save them elsewhere?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have his computer, and you are talking about Lightroom Classic (are you?), all you have to do is open Lightroom Classic and everything ought to work (except for the Develop Module and the Map Module). Photos should appear when you open Lightroom Classic. Photos are never stored in Lightroom Classic, they are on a hard disk somewhere that you can search for and use in wahtever way you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have his computer. He has several Adobe apps, including Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premier Pro,  Adobe Creative Cloud (etc?). Before I cancelled his subscription, I asked if I would still have access to photos he had saved and was told YES. Now I cannot access ANYTHING in Adobe, not even his personal photos (family, etc.)... I cannot even save a document because it automatically goes to Adobe. My son was a professional photographer. I know NOTHING about all these apps. and really need help. So far, I just get sent to this "Community" or some Self-Help page. I appreciate your kind attempt to answer my question, but I just don't know how to find anything (if it is somewhere!) I wish Adobe was more helpful. When I click on his LrC it tries to open as "Lightroom CCatalog-7-2-Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic-Library".

So, after I said the above paragraph... I just tried again and it opened and I am able to view his photos saved there (over 17,000!) A message popped up that said this was the last time I could use it (message gone now so I can't quote it.) Is there a way I can move all these photos to a file on his computer? I'm afraid of losing everything and am being very cautious.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. As I said, this is all new to me, so maybe it's just confusing for me to dive into it! I don't even know if I'm explaining the problem correctly!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not lose access to the photos. You do not lose access to the work done in Lightroom Classic.

You may lose access to photos shared in the cloud, but if they were shared with Lightroom Classic, you still have the original photos and the work (edits) done in Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First my deepest condolences with the loss of your son.

Regarding the photos. You're explaining it fine. You do seem to have access to the Lightroom Classic program from your description at least to the Library part. It won't be fully functional which is what the dialog indicated but you should be able to export all the images from it into a format such as jpeg that might be more useful to you not being a professional photographer yourself. Here are instructions as an example: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html You would select some photos. Hit the export, set it up to do full quality jpeg in sRGB color space and at a quality setting of 80 or higher. Select where you want them to be exported to and wait for it to finish. You now should have a set of images that you can access on any computer. After testing it on a subset of images, you can do larger batches and get everything out.

Since you mention premiere, he might have produced some video too. That is a bit harder if you want to access that but hopefully he has produced rendered final products already from that. Premiere documents and source video is hard to keep around as they take a lot of hard disk space and so often people just keep final products and move finished projects to backup disks. If your son didn't do a lot of video than this might not be a concern.

Lastly, an alternative to doing this yourself is to look for a local photography club and email their leadership and explain your situation. In most clubs you will find lots of people that know how Classic works and who will be very willing to volunteer to help in a situation like this. I know I would if I heard your story. The current global reality has made this a bit harder but there are solutions that can be found for that such as meeting outside and distancing there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I will follow these instructions and your suggestions. I really appreciate the feedback... wish I had had the opportunity to work with and learn from him. It has been interesting, but as you say, I won't be continuing with this now. I haven't seen that he has any videos as he used another source for that (i.e. Matterport.) He had many friends that I know will be able to help (if needed) further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are No photos In Lightroom Classic.

What Exact version of Lightroom are you asking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe if he was using Lightroom (cloud-based) there could be a possibility to recover the original files from Cloud Storage. As far as I can recall there is a grace period of 60 days to recover the files.

I am not sure where to check but I know for sure when you deleted images from the Cloud storage they can be recovered for 60 days. See the screen capture, you can see there are some there with 30 days left.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 8.16.44 PM.png 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. How do I get to this page? When I open LrC the top of the page says "File Edit Library Photo Metadata View Window Help" and below that, to the right, it says "Library Develop Slideshow Print". I don't know how to get to "My Photos" and see the selection for "Deleted."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image displayed above is a screen capture from Lr (cloud-based) app not Lightroom Classic.

Lightroom Classic stores the original files are stored locally on your computer system.

If you can select the Library Module you should see in the Folder Structure where your image files are located.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.3, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info in the article available at the link below should be helpful.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/cancel-cc-subscription-photos/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines