Highlighted

Unable to access prior computer

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a student in an AP Photography class that uploaded all photos to Lightroom Classic throughout the entire year. This includes all of my photos that I was working on for my AP portfolio. Due to the current pandemic and school closures, I am not able to access my photos on that computer at the school. Is there a way to somehow get those pictures on my school computer to my home laptop via the cloud as I still use my school account on my home laptop. I did backup my files every time I logged off at school if that would help me access the files on a different device. So essentially my question is: are those photos accessible from my home computer or not?

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to access prior computer

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am a student in an AP Photography class that uploaded all photos to Lightroom Classic throughout the entire year. This includes all of my photos that I was working on for my AP portfolio. Due to the current pandemic and school closures, I am not able to access my photos on that computer at the school. Is there a way to somehow get those pictures on my school computer to my home laptop via the cloud as I still use my school account on my home laptop. I did backup my files every time I logged off at school if that would help me access the files on a different device. So essentially my question is: are those photos accessible from my home computer or not?

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to do several things

1. You would have to pay for and indtall Lightroom Classic, probably the Adobe Photography Plan. Not the Lightroom plan.

2. You would need to remotly download or transfer the catalog that is on that school computer.

3. You would need to download the photos from the schools computer

4. You would need to repair broken links in the database, the catalog, no big thing, if previous steps not botched.

Notes

I highly doubt that your catalog was on a server, Adobe never made plans for Lightroom Classic to operate on a network

Photos could be on a server, photos can be anywhere.

If you were not using Lightroom Classic at school, if instead you were using Lightroom, then the above is B.S.

If all those files are on a computer at school, and that computer is not set up to share on the network, then all the above is B.S.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you cannot get to the class room, does some educational support via online services still exist? Is it at all possible that some instructors are working at the school, just not running classes but maintaining resources? Someone who could access that computer, copy files to a server, provide you with remote access to that server, and allow you to download from that server? Would probably be your instructor.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know all teachers/staff are working at home as well. That being said I could ask them what access they do have to our computers. At the very least we did submit some of our images before the closures that should be able to be salvaged/sent back. Additionally, I do have LR Classic installed on my computer as Adobe is giving it out for free for registered students so I do have full access to all editing programs at the moment. Thank you for your support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0