• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add photos to catalog from external drive in Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to get some help importing my photos to Lightroom on my computer. I'm trying to import images from my external hard drive to Lightroom using the "add" option. However, it's greyed out. How do I add the option back? I'm on MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.2 using Lightroom 6 version 6.14.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 10.30.08 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot import "Add" images to Lightroom 6 from your external harddrive. 

Where are you trying to import the images (Destination)? Could you please share a screen shot of the Lightroom import module with the "Destination" panel visible? Here are couple of reasons why the import button might be grayed out:

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,
Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this: since you have COPY selected, make sure the Destination Panel is present and expanded and points to a folder that actually exists. (If the Destination Panel is not present, right click on "File Handling" and then select the Destination Panel.)

Then click on ADD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines