• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete NEF file in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked a NEF file in the filmstrip for deletion (X) alongn with several others but when I choose Photo > Remove Photo from catalog...one photo is not removed and I get a message "The file names "x(file name)" could not be moved to the Trash folder".. Why can this one file not be removed and what do I have to do to be able to remove it?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sorry to hear about this. As Lightroom is not able to delete the file, could you please have a look at this conversation and let us know if it helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes I have read in this forum where editors have made a selection in the Grid view of several image thumbnails either using Shift-Click or Cmd/Ctrl-Click to select a range, and then attempted to perform a deletion, which has partially failed.

I'm also wondering in your case if your source drive for these images (that wont delete) was available to Lightroom at the time of the deletion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines