Unable to export a group of photos in Classic CC

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning

Unable to Export:

An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

I've started to get this message occcasionally for no reason that I can fathom.=

I'm doing nothing differently.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

None of the suggestions worked. However, I have found a workround at last. I clicked on a photo in the filmstrip outside the selected group so as to deselect the group. I then re-selected the group and was then able successfully to do the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A search of this forum for "attempt to index a nil value" finds the answer, for example reply #5 at Re: error when importing: "?.0: attempt to index a nil value"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this did not help. The post processing section contains a default entry of "Do Nothing".

Thank you for your interest.

Gerald Murphy

On Friday, 22 December 2017, 18:00:52 GMT, dj_paige <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Unable to export a group  of photos in Classic CC

created by dj_paige in Lightroom Classic CC - View the full discussion

A search of this forum for "attempt to index a nil value" finds the answer, for example reply #5 at Re: error when importing: "?.0: attempt to index a nil value"

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10059201#10059201 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10059201#10059201

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other thoughts- (in addition to "Do Nothing")

Double check your 'Destination Location' for the exported files. One forum thread suggested that "Choose later" causes the problem and that specifying an existing folder (with Read/write permissions) is a workaround.

Are you using Publish Services to Export?  Publish to Smugmug appears often in reports of the error.

Are all the original files available to Lightroom? ie. are any showing as "missing"  [ ! ]

Are you selecting the "Group" from the Library Grid view?  (selecting on the Filmstrip will only export the one 'most selected' file)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but none of the above really apply.I loaded and imported a directory containing 922 photos from an SD card. I've been editing sections of the bottom film strip, deleting unwanted photos and selecting the remaining edited photos from the filmstrip and then using File Export. I browse and select a directory. I then  may either state a sub-directory or leave it blank before choosing a generic file name for numbering the selection. I make no other changes to the Export panel before pressing Export. Mostly this had worked for this latest post-processing group but, on a couple of occasions, by changing the selected target directory, the selected photos are exported properly. For my latest selected section of photos I have not been able to bypass the error message. I have tried exiting Lightroom and restarting the export, I have tried exiting Lightroom, closing Windows 10 down and then restarting Lightroom. Nothing seems to work. None of the files selected or otherwise are shown as missing. I still have more than 2000 photos on 4 more SD cards to process and this is causing me to wonder whether to try the newer  "non classic" version of Lightroom or whether to abandon Lightroom completely and try to learn how to use Photoshop. Help!

On Saturday, 23 December 2017, 05:01:59 GMT, wobertc <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Unable to export a group  of photos in Classic CC

created by wobertc in Lightroom Classic CC - View the full discussion

Other thoughts- (in addition to "Do Nothing")

Double check your 'Destination Location' for the exported files. One forum thread suggested that "Choose later" causes the problem and that specifying an existing folder (with Read/write permissions) is a workaround.

Are you using Publish Services to Export?  Publish to Smugmug appears often in reports of the error.

Are all the original files available to Lightroom? ie. are any showing as "missing" 

Are you selecting the "Group" from the Library Grid view?  (selecting on the Filmstrip will only export the one 'most selected' file)

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10059846#10059846 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10059846#10059846

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggestions worked. However, I have found a workround at last. I clicked on a photo in the filmstrip outside the selected group so as to deselect the group. I then re-selected the group and was then able successfully to do the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gosh - I've been trying to find an answer to this problem for hours.  Such a simple solution.  Thanks Gerald: very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines