• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export any images "the file could not be written"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom almost daily, and out of nowhere when I try to export any images to save to desktop (or thumb drive) I get a message that says "some export operations were not performed" at heading, and "the file could not be written" in the body of message.  I've installed updates, cleared room on hard drive, etc.  Please advise.  I've got deadlines!!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as soon as i click on EXPORT the screen locks up and i have to close the programme , it letsme develop the picture but cannot export, is the system down ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been like this since Friday I think for me- you?  I can also import and develop, just not export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you are Lightroom Classic Desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to export a photo from my Lightroom catalog to another drive. I selected to export as JPG, and everything seems fine here. Please let us know what system, and which Lightroom you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added that info under WobertC's profile.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have the same problem as soon as i click on EXPORT the screen locks up"

StephenR: You do not have the same problem, and so you need to start a new thread and provide all relevant details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three people with the problem. Nobody has stated their OS or Lr Version!

HOW TO POST

Two links that may have answers-

EXPORT NOT WRITTEN

MAC CATALINA PERMISSIONS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 w/ LR 5.7.1
I have closed other programs, tried exporting all sorts of different file (older, newly imported, different groups, etc.) to different places/ folders.  Desktop, Documents, differently named folders, etc.  
I didn't change how I normally do things unless it was an accident. Same message every time.  Please let me know if there is any other info that would be useful.  Thanks for the help.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 9.09.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.40.02 PM.png

  

I followed those links w/ no luck.  I tried changing the dimensions and size of files as well.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 10.26.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I get a message that says "some export operations were not performed" at heading, and "the file could not be written" in the body of message."

Try to export to a different folder. Try to export to a different disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did both. Nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your first screen shot, where it says the  could not be written, did you try clicking on "show in finder"

The reason I am questioning this is that maybe that image  - the CR2 original - is not actually on your system...in otherwords...Lightroom is showing you the thumbnail, but it cannot export it because the actual original file is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you ever figure this one out?

I am using the latest Lightroom Classic on a Mac running Catalina version 10.15.5 and experiencing your same problems.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

24C9FAFF-1F43-4591-92CC-78B0C23804FC.jpeg

Try exporting to the external disk, your Operating system is literally ”Gasping for air”. Export utilizes lots of resources, and it's best to free up disk space on you main drive for efficient operating.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines