• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Export any RAW edited Photos

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have edited a photo in Lightroom Classic and I attempt to export the photo to a folder on my desktop I receive an error message that it "could not create a JPEG that met your limit of 85k bytes. Please increase the file size limit."

When I increase the file size limit I still get the same error message. I am therefore unable to export any photos edited in LRC, which makes the software useless.

Be so kind as to help me resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not seriously resize the image as well, then 85 Kb as maximum file size will be impossible. You say it also happens when you increase the file size, but you do not say to what value you increased it and that is the problem. A full size JPEG will also not compress to 200 KB, for example. That is still way too small. To give you an idea: I just exported a 16 Mpixel file to JPEG. I set the Quality slider all the way down to zero and stripped all metadata. The file size was still 365 KB.

If you really need to have such a small file, then you probably also do not need a large image size in pixels. Resize the image to 800 pixels wide for example, and suddenly you won't have a problem anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What pixel dimensions are you exporting to? If the image is too large, it will not be possible to meet the size limit.

Do you really need to have files smaller than 85 kb? If you don't, just uncheck Limit file size to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screen shot of your Export Panel.

Please_Use_This_Button_to_insert_Images.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines