• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import CR3 files in Lightroom

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom CC 10.1 w/camera raw 9.10.1.  I am unable to import any CR3 files. When I hit import and go to the folder the files are in, Lightroom doesn't see them...it just says "no photos to show".  Any solutions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom CC 10.1" does not exist. There is Lightroom Classic, which is at version 9.2.1 right now, and there is Lightroom (desktop), which is at version 3.2.1 I believe. Camera Raw 9.10.1 is very old (the current version is 12.2.1), so any version of Lightroom that comes with the 9.10.1 version of the Camera Raw engine will indeed not support .CR3 files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I'm guessing my eyes are playing tricks on me. Here's what it says...

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this really the version that you are using? This version is very old and doesn't support any of the new CR3 - files. 

Here you'll find infos which LR version do you need to support your camera.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Johan, please go to the menu bar of your Lightroom application and click on the help button, then select on "System info" and take a screen capture of the top part of the pop-up, and post in the forum.

This will give us info about Lightroom and your operating system. Also, let us know the exact camera model the CR3 files were produced by. This will help responders to offer a clear and focused response.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 11.43.55 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? If you are subscribed and up-to-date then you should be using Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 unless you are using an extremely old operating system or you are creative desktop manager is out of date and not keeping you up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna download Lightroom Classic and see what happens. Apparently, I had a really old version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Apparently, I had a really old version."

Indeed. The version of LR Classic you showed above was written three years ago, at which time the CR3 format did not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you probably had a Licensed Version of Lightroom 6, that was sold at the same time as Lightroom CC 2015 so LR 6.10.1 would have been the same as the subscription version Lightroom CC 2015.10.1. / Adobe Camera Raw 9.10.1.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Link in the Lightroom Journal blog, the forum where Adobe was releasing information to the Lightroom and ACR regular updates and full info on what was included. The link below June 2015, is when Lightroom CC 2015.1 (subscription version) was released, Lightroom 6.1 (Licensed version) and Adobe Camera Raw 9.1 was also released then.

In that forum, it is possible to view the full history of Lightroom and Camera Raw development.

https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/06 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines