• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import from Camera say no photos found

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lr to import for 12 months now and not had a problem. Today it just hangs for ages while trying to import, it eventually says no photos found.
Lr recognises my camera as displays canon Mk3 on source it will just not find the photos, if I look via windows explorer I can see the photo files on the camera. I have tried reinstalling Lr using a different usb cable but no joy any ideas how to overcome. AlsoI have confirmed windows 10 Is updated correctly.

Thanks
Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Yes, you definitely want a USB 3 card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a card reader that you can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no am going to get one tomorrow and try it thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim thanks have tried card reader and I can import from it. I am still confused as have tried 3 different cameras and it does exactly the same so I guess there is a corruption in that part of software have no idea how to sort it mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still confused as have tried 3 different cameras and it does exactly the same so I guess there is a corruption in that part of software

My conclusion is that it's not the software, it's something in the connection hardware (bad USB port, bad cable, poorly connected cable, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the same cable and USB port on different camera's so bit confused how

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally speaking, using a card reader is much more reliable and is faster. Another benefit is that it doesn't drain the camera battery. I have never connected any of my cameras to the computer. I have always used a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  wrote

Generally speaking, using a card reader is much more reliable and is faster. Another benefit is that it doesn't drain the camera battery. I have never connected any of my cameras to the computer. I have always used a card reader.

My experience is just the opposite, I have had card readers take 30 minutes to read a photo from the card, or card readers that just stop working altogether. I have never had a problem reading the photos after connecting the camera to the computer via a USB cable.

It really depends on your hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I will like you as the expert handle such discussions in the future. What you say is totally contrary to what I have seen others comment on in the past. Thanks for setting me straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I said "it depends". People have different experiences, no matter what the experts say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm troubled by your vitriol on this forum, Jim. It doesn't require a ton of mental energy to not be a jerk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers people I must say that importing via the card reader was much slower than via the camera guess I need to get a USB3 reader to over come this small problem. would be better if Lr were to magically fix itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is it that you are expecting Lightroom to "fix"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish they'd fix your attitude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you definitely want a USB 3 card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes aware that I need a USB 3 reader only borrowed a reader to see if Lr could read from a card reader. I previously used to just connect to the camera and down load from there. (that is the fix I was on about)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have updated Photoshop, for what ever reason this now has enabled my camera to download photos straight into LR thanks all for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines