Highlighted

Unable to import photos from desktop folder into Lightroom Classic after Catalina upgrade on Mac

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would love any insights.  I am unable to import photos from my desktop folders into Lightroom Classic after I installed the Catalina upgrade on my Mac.  I am desperate for any assistance.

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to import photos from desktop folder into Lightroom Classic after Catalina upgrade on Mac

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would love any insights.  I am unable to import photos from my desktop folders into Lightroom Classic after I installed the Catalina upgrade on my Mac.  I am desperate for any assistance.

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot import images into Lightroom Classic after upgrading to macOS Catalina. 

Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Sadly that didnt do the trick.  I also had to create a new sign-in...I clearly am having issues with Catalina, lol!  This is so frustrating.  I really only us my computer to edit photos and now I cant do that.

I appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish to insert a thought here, I recall that when I updated my iMac to Catalina I was presented with with many popups requesting to allow Lightroom and Photoshop to have access to certain files and folders on my computer. As far as I can recall I clicked the allow button do you have any recollection of this? 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check 'Security & Privacy' for Files & Folders.

Two forum links with similar problems and answers given-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/can-t-import-from-memory-card-in-lr6-after-installi...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/opening-raw-files-from-lr-to-ps-problems.39810/#pos...

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 1