• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to locate lens profile automatically

Engaged ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the most recent version of LRCC I've noticed that my Fuji lens profiles are no longer automatically applied (though I think LRCC understood that the profile was being handled already by the camera). Now I have to choose a profile manually, but the right profile isn't in any of the ones available.

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like with many ‘mirrorless’ cameras, Fuji lens profiles are embedded in the raw file. For that reason Lightroom does not have its own profiles for these kind of cameras. The embedded profiles are always applied, so you don’t have to do anything.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this Help article for more information about built-in lens profiles and how to verify they're being applied: Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply. I know when the profile is being applied because it tells me so. That's not the case anymore, after the update. Now it shows nothing applied. I have to then choose a profile on my own, which unfortunately doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply. I know when the profile is being applied because it tells me so (like in the link you sent). That's not the case anymore, after the update. Now it shows nothing applied. I have to then choose a profile on my own, which unfortunately doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a sample photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here? That will let us determine whether this is a problem specific to the photo, your configuration, or LR in general.

Also, please copy/paste the first ten lines from Help > System Info here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,

As you can see, the camera and lens are quite common, yet the lens profiles seem to be either missing or not automatically applied. The combination for an Xpro2 and 23mm F2 WR aren't available in the drop down menu either, so no manual application is possible.

Untitled-2.jpg

untitled 3.jpg

Lightroom Classic version: 8.3 [ 201905061635-edecdfdb ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.17763

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 32701.2 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32701.2 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 3172.1 MB (9.7%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3718.1 MB

GDI objects count: 802

USER objects count: 2494

Process handles count: 2715

Memory cache size: 89.7MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.3 [ 197 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 388MB / 16350MB (2%)

Camera Raw real memory: 397MB / 32701MB (1%)

System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 3840x2160

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that second screenshot, where for make, can you select built-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, the camera and lens are quite common, yet the lens profiles seem to be either missing or not automatically applied. The combination for an Xpro2 and 23mm F2 WR aren't available in the drop down menu either, so no manual application is possible

As mentioned by Johan, normally the lens profile would be embedded in the raw file, and that's what you've observed before. In your first screenshot, there is no "Built-in Lens Profile applied" message, which is strange.

Please upload a sample photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. That will let us determine whether this is a problem specific to the photo, your configuration, or LR in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know why the message doesn’t show, but I am pretty sure the embedded profile was applied. Without it, the lines of the buildings would not be so straight.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another report of the message "Built-in Lens Profile applied" not appearing when it should: Built-In lens profile disappearing?

It would be good to get a sample photo, so we can determine whether it's a problem with the photo or with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

So what seems to be happening, after further investigation, is that LR is indeed applying the profile (or reading the built-in profile from the raw file) but it doesn't tell me so until I zoom in and let LR create a 1:1 preview. There's no change to the look of the photo when this happens (distortion correction around the edge of frame, for example), but the little 'built-in profile already applied' warning becomes apparent in the lens correction module.

What used to happen is that LR would somehow read the lens metadata during import via minimal/sidecar preview. In the latest LR update (well, two updates ago - was further updated yesterday with a bug fix) it seems that LR isn't reading (or generating) the "...already applied" warning until the 1:1 preview is generated.

That's as best as I can explain it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's consistent with what was observed in the other thread.  Might be worth posting a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all product feedback: Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community . While it's unlikely Adobe would take any direct action (unless you could produce a sample catalog and photos that produced the result on different machines), the bug report would be a place for additional people to provide their reports as well, gathering them all into one place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fuji XT3 user here, Lightroom Classic v8.3. No problems BUT Obviously I need to get off my rear and onto my computer to check this one

In the meantime, are you working directly on a RAF, a DNG created via LR Import, a convert via the Fuji RAF converter utility, a DNG created via third party converter, or a in camera JPEG.

Oh, and perhaps if Adobe fouled up, a smart preview with the original off line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, got off my rear, turned on PC, WIN 10 LR 8.3

For an existing RAF I do not have this issue.

For a DNG via Iridient X- Transformer, I do not have this problem

For a DNG via Adobe Copy as DNG, I do not have this problem

Went and shot a new image, imported (Copy) the RAF and not an issue

Also Imported (Copy as DNG) and no issue

Image 1.png

Screenshot of the RAF in Develop with Lens Corrections Panel Open, no issue, Oh and just a snap shot, not happy with my shot (user error)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you are in the Lens Corrections panel, and you do not see the statement "Built-in Lens Profile applied". And you then clcik on Enable Profile Corrections, Do you have the option in Lens Profile Make of Built-in?

Yes, I know, this should not be an issue, you should not have to clcik on the Enable Profile corrections (actually wish we could, and then wish the lenses existed in LR)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines