• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to merge multiple sets of images in Lightroom Classic due to running out of RAM on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to always run into what I think is a RAM issue when I am merging multiple sets of images into an HDR or panorama image. If I merge one set of images lightrooms RAM usage jumps to 7 GB and after the image is finished the RAM usage remains at 7GB. If I then try to merge another set of different images I always get an error message saying "unable to merge". If I restart light room then I can merge the second set of images fine...

It seems that my system doesn't have enough RAM to merge more than one set of images? I mean I feel that after merging one set of images the RAM usage by lightroom should be less than 7GB?

Is their some setting I need to change or do I need to get more RAM for my system if I want to merge multiple sets of images without restarting lightroom?

System info:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.2.1 [ 202004070813-7699d98a ]

RAM: 16 GB

CPU: i7 7700K

Windows 10 Pro

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Since when are you facing this issue? Please ensure that your computer has all the latest Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try optimizing the preferences for Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned in the article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preference...

Note: Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Please let us know if it help!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines