Highlighted

Unable to open CR3 files in LR Classic

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After obtaining the Canon R5, I am unable to import any of those photos (CR3) into Lightroom, I keep getting an unable to Preview this file.  Is this because these files are new to Adobe and there needs to be a new release for lightroom?  Yet I am seeing YouTube videos were edited photos are being viewed.  Don't understand how Jared Polin is able to use lightroom.  Do the RAW files need to be converted somehow and then imported?   Please help someone.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open CR3 files in LR Classic

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After obtaining the Canon R5, I am unable to import any of those photos (CR3) into Lightroom, I keep getting an unable to Preview this file.  Is this because these files are new to Adobe and there needs to be a new release for lightroom?  Yet I am seeing YouTube videos were edited photos are being viewed.  Don't understand how Jared Polin is able to use lightroom.  Do the RAW files need to be converted somehow and then imported?   Please help someone.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Don't understand how Jared Polin is able to use lightroom.  Do the RAW files need to be converted somehow and then imported?

I think Jared Polin has converted the RAW files to DNG using Canon's own program that cames with the camera.

Then these DNG files can be imported in Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the next update of Lightroom is released,  you can use the DNG converter 12.4 Beta to convert the files from this camera to DNG files, which can be imported in Lightroom.

Windows: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6971

Mac: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6969

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines