Highlighted

Unable to place images on map in Maps module

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. I'm using Lightroom 9.3 on Windows 10 (version 1909) and I cannot place images on the map. If I move to the map module and then drag any photo from the filmstrip at the bottom onto the map the image is not then placed on the map (i.e. no marker appears on the map and the "GPS" field doesn't get updated). I *can* move images that have already have co-ordinates.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open LR Classic 9.3
  • Click on Maps module in top bar
  • Drag any image to map

Expected behaviour: marker appears on map, image co-ordinates metadata updates

Actual beahviour: When mouse button released over map no change occurs to image. See attached video.

Troubleshooting already attempted:

• Restarted Lightroom
  • Deleted preferences file and restarted Lightroom

Note: I don't understand how the two forums differ, but this seems to be the same problem:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-8-2-drag-and-drop-gps-taggi...

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to place images on map in Maps module

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. I'm using Lightroom 9.3 on Windows 10 (version 1909) and I cannot place images on the map. If I move to the map module and then drag any photo from the filmstrip at the bottom onto the map the image is not then placed on the map (i.e. no marker appears on the map and the "GPS" field doesn't get updated). I *can* move images that have already have co-ordinates.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open LR Classic 9.3
  • Click on Maps module in top bar
  • Drag any image to map

Expected behaviour: marker appears on map, image co-ordinates metadata updates

Actual beahviour: When mouse button released over map no change occurs to image. See attached video.

Troubleshooting already attempted:

• Restarted Lightroom
  • Deleted preferences file and restarted Lightroom

Note: I don't understand how the two forums differ, but this seems to be the same problem:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-8-2-drag-and-drop-gps-taggi...

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?