Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Reinstall LR6 on mac

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in 2015 i bought online LR6 and used it until i got a new Mac now.

Ihave an instance with MacOS Mojave and i'm trying to install LR6 on it. The in stallation is starting and then bringing me to a screen asking me to connect to the creative cloud. But this is not working, the screen replies, my login data is incorrect, but it isn't. With the same data i can connect to cc without problems, but not in the installation process of LR6. So the installation is aborted.

Any ideas how to install it?

Best regards, Markus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Mojave wasn't designed to work with Lightroom 6

Take a look to the system requirements of Lightroom 6:  Lightroom Classic system requirements

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But on another machine with mojave it worked until i got a new one. I think, it has nothing to do with this, the installer is running, only the requiered login to register is not working.
Maybe Adobe shut down the registrationserver for LR6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not shut down the registration server.

You should be able to install the trial version of LR 6 without even having to register. (Then later you can register once it is installed).

Exactly how are you installing LR 6? Tell us the exact step-by-step description, leaving nothing out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here is Step by Step what i'm doing:

- in an macOS 10.14.6 installation

- opening the latest image Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg by double clicking it

- it opens a new window, in there an icon calles Install

- doubleclicking on Install opens the Installer in a new window

- in there 2 possibilities, Install or test.

- i doubleclick on Install

- next sceen is telling me, a login is requiered, so i click on login

- the login screen appears an i fill out with my registered eMail an password and press login

- i receive an error message, that tells me that my adobe id and my password doesn't match.

Shure that my password is correct, otherwise i couldn' be here. I changed my password, without any success here in the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same with the testing option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Mac, I have Windows 10, but I just tried installing LR 6 and the installation worked perfectly, it recognized my userID and password and installed the software as expected.

If you still can't get this to work, I suggest you try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Also, you say you have a new Mac with Mojave, are you 100% sure it is Mojave and not a later operating system? What is the version number of OSX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact word-for-word error message?

Do you see a way to install the free trial? Perhaps on the screen where you have to enter your password and user ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is the last version of the application that was issued using a licensed key to activate the application. You are allowed two activations at any point in time. You have to use the same account you used to activate the original purchase. See the attached which I posted recently in a thread regarding Lightroom 6.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 6.07.07 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally i got it solved. I downloaded another Lightroom installation file and this worked without problems.

Thank You all for Your replies and help!

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines