• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to remove photos from Lightroom Classic because of missing jf Smugmug plugin

Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to remove 2 photos from Lr and when I try I get the following pop up messages.

"One or more of these photos are published on the service jfSmugmug.  If you leave these photos on the service, Lr will be unable to manage them in the future."  

When I select "Remove from Service" I get the following message:

Can't update this collection.  The plugin jfSmugmug is missing.

I do use Smugmug but these photos are not currently on there.  I have used the jf Smugmug plugin in the past but it is currently missing because I never renewed it.  Unable to locate files  in finder.

I don't understand what the SERVICE means.  Wondering if I choose to "Leave Photos on Service" will I then be able to remove from Lr.  

Under Publish Services in the Library Module I do have this plugin listed (as missing) along with all the photos that at one time were exported to Smugmug using this plugin.  However the 2 photos that I want to remove are ot among any of the photos listed.

Also wondering if at one time these photos were exported to Smugmug using this plugin and then were removed grom the Website.

As you can see, lots of confusion.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Lastly, I did contact Smugmug but they couldn't help.  Also have contacted the publisher of the plugin but have not heard back from them yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is that LrC thinks you published those photos to Smugmug using a publishing service. Going ahead and deleting would be Ok, but at the Smugmug web page, those images will remain (in this case) as LrC is unable to work with that publishing service at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried downloading the jfSmugmug plugin.  Having a problem.  Decided to choose "Leave on Service" and just removed file from Lr.

Again, that photo is not on my Smugmug site.  

Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either download and reinstall the old publishing service plug-in,

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smugmug

or get a new one from Adobe via Adobe Add-ons (in plug-in manager) I think in Adobe Exchange.

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.

Also, while in plug-in manager, does the old Smugmug Plugin show up? Activated? Up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tthe old Smugmug plugin does show up in plug in manager, not activated.  when I try to add it says that the "nil" plugin is not installed or not functioning properly.  Am in the process of dowloading a new one.  The more I look at the filename the more I suspect that it was changed from name_1.jpeg to name_1,jpg and that's why I can't find it.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines