Unable to sync cloud content to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Lightroom CC library that is fully sync'd to my 2020 MacBook Pro. All content exists in the cloud and backed up locally to my computer. There are no sync issues and Lightroom CC confirms the library is fully sync'd.

Then I've created a Lightroom Classic library and enabled the sync feature. Lightroom Classic has begun downloading my CC library and I can see its successfully creating files.

However after downloading nearly the whole library, it fails and halts at a few remaining files and can spend days at this point. I've noticed most of my albums only contain 1 file so its not downloaded all of the collection contents. I have tried this process a number of times and have been trying for some months now and I've just about given up. I've searched the forums and followed all the recommendations including but not limited to:

• Signing out of all Creative Cloud apps and signing back in again.
  • Opening the sync dialoag box, revealing the hidden button and deleting my sync data file.
  • Manually deleting the sync data file.
  • Running sync via a VPN to rule out any possible ISP issues.
  • Deleting any unsync'd files from CC so only the successfully sync'd files exist in Classic.

My library contains just over 50,000 items which is around 620Gb of data.

I've just restarted Classic and I've gone from 20 files to sync to 1,882.

Is there anything else that can be done or am I stuck with a library that just wont sync?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?