• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sync my Lightroom Classic library after Nikon Transfer 2 filename error

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a file naming error in my Nikon Transfer 2 utility (from which I import selected photos to Lightroom Classic), I am unable to sync my Lightroom Classic library with my Lightroom mobile library across two different iOS devices. When I noticed this, I paused sync with my Lightroom Classic PC. Each device (1 PC and two iPads) now displays a different value for photos synced and backed up (a variance of 300-1000 images). I wish to preserve my library directory structure and use the iOS device with the most intact library to sync to the other devices. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your post raises so many questions needed to clarify your problem!

After a file naming error in my Nikon Transfer 2 utility (from which I import selected photos to Lightroom Classic),

Why use Nikon Transfer? Lightroom-Classic can do it all. Nikon Transfer has been known to corrupt files preventing their import to the LrC catalog. And what was the File rename error? In LrC or before Importing to LrC?

I am unable to sync my Lightroom Classic library with my Lightroom mobile library across two different iOS devices.

I assume you are talking about creating Collections in LrC that you then mark to Sync.

Why do you say you are "unable to sync"? Any error messages?

When I noticed this, I paused sync with my Lightroom Classic PC. Each device (1 PC and two iPads) now displays a different value for photos synced and backed up (a variance of 300-1000 images).

Are you referring to the Numbers of files? and where are you seeing the "variance?

Again, LrC only Syncs Collections marked to Sync- not entire catalog libraries.

I wish to preserve my library directory structure...

Lightroom on mobile devices do not use a "library directory structure". Photos show in Dated groups, or as Albums that can reflect the files uploaded from Collections in the LrC catalog.

and use the iOS device with the most intact library to sync to the other devices. Please advise.

"most intact library"- what do you mean by this? LrC can only Sync the Collections from ONE catalog (in one computer).

If you change to another Catalog that you set to Sync, then the Cloud attempts to download all Cloud files again. So please explain in detail your methods.

Screen-clips can ofter be helpful with advice! (Us the [Insert photos] icon above your message!!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines