Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update folder location

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with Lightroom Classic CC - 7.3. I have some pictures that I sorted and moved into a new folder. Normally this is no problem and I would just click "Update folder location" and find the new folder. But now everytime I try to update the location, I'm running into an error that that says:

"An internal error has occured: Database "K:Pictures\Lightroom\Backups\LightroomCatalog.lrcat\Lightroom Catalog-4.lrcat": UNIQUE constraint failed: AgLibraryFolder.id_local  Statement: INSERT INTO AgLibraryFolder ( id_local, id_global, pathfrom Root,)"

Anyone know what's causing this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not using the latest v 9.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a similar error in the past, but no answer-  sorry!

I note your words- "....some pictures....".  So if you moved only "some" photos from one folder to another with the OS file browser, then LrC will still recognize the original folder in the same place, so 'updating' a folder location will not work. I suspect you may only be able to re-link individual photos one-by-one.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be a sign of the 'capitalisation problem'. Can you post a screenshot of your folder panel? By the way, I notice from the path that you are running Lightroom with a catalog located in the Backup folder. That won't cause this issue, but I wonder if that's because you had earlier problems.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you opening an existing worrking catalog, or are you opening a backup of a catalog?

I assume the missing folder you are pointing to is not that backup.

Where are the missing photos? What hard drive, what folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines