Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Update Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I can't seem to update my Lightroom Classic (v. 8.3.1) app. I have a Creative Cloud All apps subscription and and apps like Premiere en Photoshop update automatically. I use Lighroom Classic (personal preference, instead of the new Lightroom) and it does not show up in my 'updates' tab or in my 'installed apps.' As far as I know I'm running the latest versionCreative Cloud (updates automatically) and I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I've thought about uninstalling my Lightroom but I don't wanna lose my library with 700+ photos in it. Does anybody know how I get my Lightroom and updating to function properly?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

So you should click on Install, it probably shows that it is uninstalled because you have LR 8 installed and you need to install LR 9

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Lightroom does not make you lose your catalog with 700+ photos in it. 

Nevertheless, this is the wrong thing to do. You may need to update your Adobe Creative Cloud application, and/or re-install that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it keep my catalog? How can I make sure of this. I remember I've deleted the app in the past and that led to me losing my files, some I wanna make sure.

As said in response to @davidg36166309 I tried uninstalling, but that did not work unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates are accomplished  in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, not from a particular program, like Lightroom Classic, not from your OS App store or updates.

Perhaps you were not clear in your posting as to if you are doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, rereading, perhaps you are looking at Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

One possibility, close Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, then restart, force it's closure.

And if it that, Sign out, then sign in

And if not that uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Download a fresh new copy and reinstall

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

and: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

and: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I tried updating via the Creative Cloud app, not via the App store.

I already tried logging out and back in again and just now I also did an uninstall and reinstall, but that has, unfortunately, not fixed the problem. Lightroom is still not showing up as an installed app on my Mac and I really don't understand why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Yes I understand the tendency to just say Lightroom, and not be specific and say Lightroom Classic. But please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to be clear, you uninstalled the Adobe Creative Cloud Destop App, then reinstalled?

As opposed to uninstall/reinstall Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic (version is stated above where I asked the question). I've reinstalled the creative cloud app, not the Lightroom classic app! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When you click on the Adobe Creative CLoud icon (looks like an infinity symbol) in the menu bar on the right, What do you see?

You should see one like this depending on what you have installed:Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 16.19.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do that it gives these as my installed apps, which is correct except Lightroom Classic is not given as an installed app (see first screenshot). Instead it's under the 'included in your subscription' section and is given as an app that needs to be installed still, even though it is installed (see 2nd screenshot). I'm guessing that's the problem, creative Cloud not recognizing the app is installed or something, but I don't know why or how.Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.59.18.pngScreenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.59.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a clearer screenshot of the 'included in your subscription' tab. Lightroom classic is under this tab even though I have it installed.Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 12.07.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you should click on Install, it probably shows that it is uninstalled because you have LR 8 installed and you need to install LR 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it just now and that fixed the problem, thanks! Lightroom Classic is now under my installed apps. Feel kinda stupid since it was that simple, but I was expecting the upgrade from 8 to 9 to be under updates not installing 😅

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pictures are always worth a thousand words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom classic 5.5 on my computer.

I need to update to 5.7.1.

The links are no longer visible on-line.

Can someone please mail me a link or help me to get to the link that will actually download 5.7.1

Do-gooders beware....that classic link is no longer available to the public at the public web sites. It must now be gotten in some other fashion.  If anyone can contact me, step me thought this I would appreciated it.  I'm not a computer geek and these links are now stale and behind the secenes i need assistance in getting that 5.7.1 download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

disposable15@comcast.net please contact me there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines