• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to view iPhone videos in Lightroom Classic CC Library view

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported many iPhone X videos into my Lightroom Library in Lightroom Classic CC

In Develop mode, videos are not supported, I am aware of this

In Library mode however, I cannot view the videos, the thumbnail appears as a squiggly line and I get an error message "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this video. You will not be able to make adjustments to the video"... (to clarify, I am not able to view the video at all, much less make adjustments)

I used to be able to view iPhone videos in Lightroom. I believe it has to do with a new apple video format, since I had a similar issue with iPhone photos when Apple introduced the new HEIC format, this was resolved by updating Lightroom to the new version that supported the new format

I have updated Lightroom Classic CC to the latest version 7.5 but no dice, the videos are still unviewable... help?

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

LR doesn't yet support HEVC video: Lightroom Classic and CC: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe says they are working on it. Add your constructive opinion to that feature request, and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make a little bit more likely Adobe will prioritize the effort, and you'll be notified when it's implemented.

Meanwhile, in your iPhone, check the option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Creative Cloud forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't yet support HEVC video: Lightroom Classic and CC: Please support HEVC (H.265) video support | Photoshop Family Customer Comm... . Adobe says they are working on it. Add your constructive opinion to that feature request, and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make a little bit more likely Adobe will prioritize the effort, and you'll be notified when it's implemented.

Meanwhile, in your iPhone, check the option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible to record new videos in the traditional (and compatible) MP4 format. They will have about the same quality but be quite a bit larger. For your existing HEVC videos, you'll have to convert them to MP4 format using another utility (e.g. Quick Time Player on Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for clarifying this, I have voted!

Andrew S Klug // ASK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have done what you sugested:  'in your iPhone, check the option Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible to record new videos in the traditional (and compatible) MP4 format.'   

LRC uploaded the movies and deleted them on my camera as requested. But i still get the message: Lightroom has encountered problems reading this video.    Exporting  and viewing the movie in quicktime is possible without an issue...

Converting the file from MOV into MP4 didn't help either...

WDYT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you do not append a question to an old thread that already has an answer marked 'correct'. Many people will not even look at this anymore, thinking the problem has been solved already.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines