Highlighted

UNCONTROLLED SYNCHRONIZATION

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY FOR CROSS POSTING.

I found 13.000 and more synchronized photos in the Catalog that in Italian is "All Synced Photographs", but there were no Collection synchronized. So I could not see which photos in which collections were synchronized.

The problem starts when  I erased alle the photos in the web Page of my Adobe Lightroom account, following the instructions in Lightroom Sync Preferences. In the Mac Lightroom I saw the cloud tools showing 0 GB cloud storage and  Local Activity synchronizing 13.000 photos. At that point, fearing thai I might end up losing photos, I went back in the web Page of my Adobe Lightroom Account and put back all the 13.000 photos from the just delated folder. When I got back in the Mac Lightroom I realized that many pictures are now duplicated and the local activity is very slowing synchronizing some 23.000 photos (last night has been processed only 50 something pictures).

I tried another thing. Reopen Lightroom on my Mac from a recente backup catalog. Great. I have alla my pictures with no problem or duplication. But if I turn on the synchronization tool in the cloud it starts alla over again (23.000 pictures to be synchronized and as process goes on, many pictures are now duplicated!)

I am really stuck now. I’d like to restart from my last complete backup on the Mac, no pictures synchronized, cloud empty with no synchronization pending. Start synchronizing new collection as I desire.

Please help me

Best regards

Carlo

Thanks a lot,

Carlo

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

UNCONTROLLED SYNCHRONIZATION

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY FOR CROSS POSTING.

I found 13.000 and more synchronized photos in the Catalog that in Italian is "All Synced Photographs", but there were no Collection synchronized. So I could not see which photos in which collections were synchronized.

The problem starts when  I erased alle the photos in the web Page of my Adobe Lightroom account, following the instructions in Lightroom Sync Preferences. In the Mac Lightroom I saw the cloud tools showing 0 GB cloud storage and  Local Activity synchronizing 13.000 photos. At that point, fearing thai I might end up losing photos, I went back in the web Page of my Adobe Lightroom Account and put back all the 13.000 photos from the just delated folder. When I got back in the Mac Lightroom I realized that many pictures are now duplicated and the local activity is very slowing synchronizing some 23.000 photos (last night has been processed only 50 something pictures).

I tried another thing. Reopen Lightroom on my Mac from a recente backup catalog. Great. I have alla my pictures with no problem or duplication. But if I turn on the synchronization tool in the cloud it starts alla over again (23.000 pictures to be synchronized and as process goes on, many pictures are now duplicated!)

I am really stuck now. I’d like to restart from my last complete backup on the Mac, no pictures synchronized, cloud empty with no synchronization pending. Start synchronizing new collection as I desire.

Please help me

Best regards

Carlo

Thanks a lot,

Carlo

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?