Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected end of file

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running Lightroom Classic 10.2 on my Mac running macOS 11.3.1. Because of the recent SMB related bus with macOS 11.3, I was force to switch to AFP to access the files on my NAS. In general that works well, but the only Software that has trouble with it is Lightroom.

Before I had to switch to AFP, everything was working fine. But suddenly with some files Lightroom reports "Unexpected end of file".

What could be the reason for this?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFP has been deprecated by Apple for many years, and there are infrequent but persistent reports of problems with LR accessing NAS via AFP. (I recall a few reports about AFP with Synology.)  I don't know the particular reasons for these issues, but the fact that AFP is deprecated means no one at Adobe has spent any time investigating the problems.

You might have to roll back to Mac OS 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current situation is really annoying. Despite having an enterprise contract, Apple is not willing to share what has changed with 11.3 and blames the NAS vendor, while the NAS vendor blames Apple. I agree that switching to AFP is not an brilliant idea, but it's the only workaround I have. I'm also not entirely confinced, that this time something is wrong with macOS here, as this error does not occur on new files. It happens only on older files and Lightroom is the only application that reports this error. 

Due to the recent zero days fixed with 11.3.1, a downgrade is not an option for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines