Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error opening catalog- after restoring

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I accidently deleted my Lightroom Catalog.lrcat file, when I opened up Lightroom Classic I noticed that all my photos and presets were GONE. After realizing my mistake I managed to restore the Catalog file but when I tried opening it up again I recieved the error message: Unexpected error opening catalog. 

I have searched the forums but nothing works I was wondering if any one else could help me PLEASE?

P.s  Unfortunatley the drive I normally use for my backups are also out-of-order so this is really my last chance. 

Untitled.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No backups? Oy vey! That's what I would call a unfortunate situation. I am not really aware of a solution that does not involve backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off, back up back up back up. That's the rule of computers. 

Nonetheless, you somehow were able to find the lrcat file. But there are more than just one. 

Whatever name you have for your catalog file, that should be followed by:

~ Helper.lrdata

~ Previews.lrdata

~ Sync.lrdata

~.lrdata

Where the last onethere is your catalog. If the others are not there, you very well might get that error message you posted above.

See if you can find any of the other files.

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines