Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected error opening catalog after update

New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After updating Lightroom Classic CC v8.2.1 to v8.3, I am stuck with both versions. I can open my catalog with v8.2.1, but when I try v8.3 I get the error "Unexpected error opening catalog". I have tried reinstalling v8.3, but no luck.

I am running Windows 10 (1809).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Hi

Thank you for your input.

I never thought this would be a disk issue as the LR v8.2.1 is able to open the catalog, but your suggestion triggered my troubleshooting towards Windows 10 security "Controlled folder access" as my catalog is placed in the standard Pictures folder.

The new LR version has been placed in a new folder structure, so I had to enable access to the Pictures folder for this specific LR version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you for your input.

I never thought this would be a disk issue as the LR v8.2.1 is able to open the catalog, but your suggestion triggered my troubleshooting towards Windows 10 security "Controlled folder access" as my catalog is placed in the standard Pictures folder.

The new LR version has been placed in a new folder structure, so I had to enable access to the Pictures folder for this specific LR version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines