• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected Error Opening Catalog LRC10 Mac OS Catalina

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to LRC10 I received "Unexpected Error Opening Catalog" when launching Lightroom. I couldn't open any other catalogue and was unable to create a new catalogue.

After repeated attempts Lightroom offered to upgrade my catalogue. For 5 days I was able to use LRC10, but now, I get the same error - I can't roll back to v9.4 because my catalogue has been updated to v10.

I am now completely stuck, all production has stopped. Lightroom is unable to open any catalogue (old or new) and my existing catalogue (which has a fair amount of work since the last backup) is incompatible with previous Lightroom versions.

I have tried:

- Resetting Lightroom's preferences (Shift + Option)

- Restarting the computer (including complete shutdown)

- Creating new catalogues in various locations (desktop, documents, shared folders...) - each time a folder is created but no catalogue

- Reverting to 9.4, which opens old catelogues and creates new ones without issue (this is not an adequate solution in my case)

- Checked permissions for files and the folder containing the catalogue

- Checked that Lightroom has all permissions granted in [System Settings > Security & Privacy] 

- Uninstalling and re-installing Lightroom

iMAC 2020

Catalina 1.15.7

3.3GHz

64GB RAM

AMD Radeon 4GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upodate: Reinstalled v10 (for a second tiime) restarted Mac, now seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines