• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unfortunately the catalog named 'Lightroom Catalog' cannot be repaired

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to migrate from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC. I was backing up the catalogue in Lightroom Classic before I told Lightroom CC to import the catalogue, when I got a message pop up that the catalog was damaged and needed repairing, which was followed by this message:

'Unfortunately the catalog named 'Lightroom Catalog cannot be repaired'

It gave me the option to contact Adobe support (which led me here), Show in finder, Quit or Choose a Different Catalog. All of the other catalogues look like they are ages old, even though I've had it set to back up once a week forever.

I'm not sure where to go from here!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

This is a user-to-user forum, we are not Adobe support.

You need to find your recent bakcups. Use your operating search feature to search ALL hard disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT or .LRCAT.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, we are not Adobe support.

You need to find your recent bakcups. Use your operating search feature to search ALL hard disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT or .LRCAT.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem opening my catalog.  I created a new one and then imported from the old catalog to the new one.  This would recreate the old catalog structure and then you can import the actual images.  This worked for me, although the images were rotated and I had to rotate to correct, they had my changes intact.  Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines