• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall and Reinstall both Lightroom and Photoshop without losing settings, user-presets, etc?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm having all sorts of problem printing with my Epson StylusPro 3880, thought it was a hardware problem, had it thoroughly checked out by a tech, printer is file, suggestion was that it is software related.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the print driver and now having different print problems.  I would like to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom and Photoshop, but without losing my settings, user-defined presets, actions, etc. 

First, does this sound like a pointless idea?

Second, can someone point me to step-by-step directions for how to do it?

I'm using an iMac OS 10.15.5 Catalina.

- Very frustrated.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without hearing a description of the problem it's difficult to tell, but I suspect uninstalling/reinstalling is not going to resolve your printing issue. However, I could be wrong. Perhaps if you could describe the issue in detail someone could help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your willingness to help, but I believe it could turn into a rabbit hole. 

I'm not looking for help with the printing problem.  I really just want the proper procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom and Photoshop without losing all my user-defined stuff and my libraries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This information might help you but is applicable to Lightroom only:

Could you please check for your presets in the below location on your PC?
(.lrtemplate)
Presets or templates in the .lrtemplate format are stored at: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]
(XMP)
Beginning with Lightroom Classic CC v7.3, the existing presets in the.lrtemplate format are automatically converted to a new XMP preset format. After conversion, the new XMP presets are saved at: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings
(Presets stored with the catalog):
If you've enabled the Store Presets With This Catalog option in the Lightroom Classic preferences, the presets and templates files are saved at: MacHD/[catalog location]/[catalog folder name]/Lightroom Settings/Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines