• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown error preventing jpeg import into Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS 1.1 and with Lightroom Classic 10.1.1. Scanned (jpeg) photos will not import. I get a notice that "an unknown error has occurred (25)". I have been importing sucessfully for years so this is a sudden change. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Thanks to all for responding. The problem was indeed formatting but in an unexpected way. It turned out that the file names had a backslash in them. Apple allows  that but apparantly, Lightroom does not.   I removed that symbol from all files and they imported correctly. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess is that these files are corrupted, or somehow in the wrong format. Can you scan them again and store them in a different place before import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will they load in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Were the files scanned with Image Capture?  Other LR problems have been reported with Image Capture scans (scanning as TIFFs, not as JPEGs).

2. Upload a sample file to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.  We can put the file under the microscope and likely determine a workaround.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to all for responding. The problem was indeed formatting but in an unexpected way. It turned out that the file names had a backslash in them. Apple allows  that but apparantly, Lightroom does not.   I removed that symbol from all files and they imported correctly. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines