Unwanted File Deletion of iCloud files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 10.14.6

iCloud Backup enabled

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1

I had a folder of photos on my desktop that according to my Lightroom catalog had 2435 photos. I wanted to move these to an external drive. I moved them inside Lighroom to the external drive. After the move the Lightroom catalog showed 267 photos for this same folder and all other subfolders and photos were gone.  Apparently all photos that existed in the Apple iCloud backup were deleted out of existence including all folders and contents. When I went to my iCloud drive, it had seen that the files had been deleted and they didn't exist there anymore either. 

Still trying to find if there are any recovery options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder (and subfolders) you moved should now appear on the external drive in Lightroom's folder panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1

typo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines