• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Reinstall to Older Version

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY does my LR classic keep reinstalling/reverting to an oldere version? This is about the 4th time I've gone to use it and found it like a brand new installation, and everything on it lost.
I am NOT doing this, and if there's a secret "Undo all my work and take me back a version or two" button, you need to get rid of it.
I had the whale, and now it's back to the model with huge shades.
It's more than a little annoying!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen  shot of the directory that your Lightroom catalog is in? Or use the system search for .lrcat files  and post the search result. Lightroom will not reinstall or revert to an older version on its own. Can you check your Lightroom  preferences  for which  catalog to open? What do you have that set to? If you set  it to Prompt me every time then you can choose which catalog to open. If  you have many versions of your catalog, find the correct one and delete the irrelevant ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Does Not happen. No newer version of LrC, or any program that I know, Automatically Reverts to an Older version. In fact I would say that can not happen, Ever.

What has happened is you have 2 versions of LrC, the Traditional version of Lr, on your system and you, Yes that is You, keep opening the older version instead of the newer one..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, look to see if you haave moree than one version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whale splash screen is the latest version (version 9), the model splash screen is version 7. Because there have been catalog upgrades in between these versions, the most likely explanation is that you have both versions installed and when you open the old catalog you get the old version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that occurs, click on Help, then System Information, and look at the program name and version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when that occurs, look at the catalog setting (general), identify name and location of catalog. make a note.

Then use your file browser to look at that location (in the catalog settings, you could click on Show), see if another catalog exists, perhaps look at whole computer for other catalogs.

Suspect you are somehow being given a new catalog. LrC having issue with remembering previous catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In LrC, in the Preferences, General, what do you have selected for default catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines