• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 7.3.1 not showing

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still on 7.3, checked for updates daily and this one does not show. Have logged out and in many times, checked hosts file for any issues etc. Nothing blocked in firewall.

It seems I may have to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom to fix this, but I wonder what will happen to the list of links in the Edit In menu, PlugIn extras and Export with Preset. I don't want to have to reinstall all those. If I backed up the AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom folder and replaced after the reinstall would this work.

Grateful for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Nothing will happen if you uninstall/reinstall. You don't have to move anything. Uninstall does not delete these files.

If I backed up the AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom folder and replaced after the reinstall would this work.

Just a word to the wise ... your catalog file, photos and presets should ALWAYS be backed up anyway. They need to be copied to a different physical disk. Better yet, you should use some backup software that will make these backups on a regular and automated basis. Ideally,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing will happen if you uninstall/reinstall. You don't have to move anything. Uninstall does not delete these files.

If I backed up the AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom folder and replaced after the reinstall would this work.

Just a word to the wise ... your catalog file, photos and presets should ALWAYS be backed up anyway. They need to be copied to a different physical disk. Better yet, you should use some backup software that will make these backups on a regular and automated basis. Ideally, if you are already making regular backups, there's no need to make another backup when you uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yep all presets, plugin etc are backed up, just didn't know if I would need any of them with a reinstall.

Thanks for the advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All done, now on 7.3.1,

Will wait and see if same thing happens with next update, may not just be Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines