• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update capture time to exported pictures?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic v10.1 on a Mac. I am going to import scanned photos. Those pictures will have the scanned time listed in the metadata. I understand that I can update the capture time for the imported photo when I'm in the Librry module, by choosing Metadata/Edit Capture Time. My question is: will this update to the metadata (capture time) stay with the picture when I export (using the All Metadata option in the Export dialog box) the photo? When I or someone else looks at the exported picture using software other than Lightroom, will the updated capture time be visible? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Edit Capture Time edits the file directly, so it should be export the new time. You can always try turning on Add to Catalog for one test export and seeing that it says for capture time. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Short Answer is YES.

If you use the LrC "Edit Capture Time" feature that writes to the file whatever date/time you have selected to the Date Time Original and Date Time Digitized areas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines