• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update from Lightroom 6.0 to the latest version??

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how do I update Lightroom 6.0 to a version where I can se files from Cannon 5d Mark IV? I bought Lightroom 6.0 yesterday and now I´m struggling with updates. I really dont know how to do. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Hello everybody! I have found the problem. I didnt had "Adobe Application Manager" on my computer and after downloading it everything works. I now have Lightroom 6.13!! Finally!! 🙂

Thanks for all support!!

/Gisela

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the latest update to Lightroom 6 (taht would be version 6.13) from Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it several times but nothing happens. I dont understand what Im doing wrong. I have installed the Windows download below. 

Application Installers:    

LanguagesMac OS XWindows
AllDownload (727 MB)Download (744 MB)

And I have tried this, but nothing happens:

Windows:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you, right now, have any version of Lightroom 6 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, version 6.0. I bought it two Days ago. I upgraded from Lightroom 4 (I Think it was 4.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have problems with the download or with the installation?

In case download problems try another internet browser.

Do you have do the installation as an Administrator or with an user with administrator rights?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I cant update from 6.0 to the latest version (6.13?!). I need a later update than 6.0 because files from Canon 5D Mark IV doesnt like 6.0. I have downloaded 6.12 but I dont know next step. Nothing happens. Inside Lightroom 6.0 there is a scrolldown "Help" (Hjälp in Swedish) and under Help I can chose "Uppdates..." (Uppgraderingar.. in Swedish) but nothing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5D Mark IV has been supported since Lightroom 6.7.

Which version are you running? In Lightroom, click Help > System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.0. I can download other versions to my computer but nothing happens. The version is still 6.0. There is no .exe-files to click when I download 6.13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I could click Help > Uppdates.. but nothing happens. I dont know what Im doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

When I seem to be going around in circles, I re-boot the computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will do a re-boot tonight (I don´t have my computer where I am now). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no .exe-files to click when I download 6.13.

The 6.13 download is a zip file.

After unzipping it, double-click the .exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I could click Help > Uppdates.

Just download the 'Update' and run the file to install it-

This is the Update-

ScreenShot521.jpg

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Double-click the "update"  .exe file (Windows) or the .dmg file (Mac OS) that was downloaded. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the product.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now downloaded 6.13 but there is no .exe file. I can only se "payloads" and "AdobePatchInstaller". No .exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Windows set up to hide file extensions, which is why you are not seeing the .exe.

Just double-click AdobePatchInstaller, and the installation will start.

You can set up Windows to show extensions in Windows Explorer by unchecking Hide extensions for known file types.

hide-extensions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have problems with downloading. I´m the Administrator and the only user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download the Windows version of Lightoom/the program (and saves in i c:)  the program saves it as "Adobe Lightroom". Should it not be "Adobe Lightroom 6" because when I had Lightroom 4 the name was "Adobe Lightroom 4.4"??

Application Installers:    

LanguagesMac OS XWindows
AllDownload (727 MB)Download (744 MB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand exactly where's the problem.

When you download the application installer for Windows you will find the "Lightroom_6_LS11.exe" in your download folder. If you double click on this file the installation of Lightroom 6 will start. This is an earlier version of Lightroom 6. Idon't the exact version I think 6.1 or so.

As far as I see you have already installed Lightroom on your PC and try to update to the newest version. Right?

In this case you have to download the update file for windows.

2017-11-10 09_42_44-Download Photoshop Lightroom.png

When it is downloaded to your PC you'll find a setup.zip in your download folder. The content of the zip file is shown in the screenshot below.

2017-11-10 09_33_21-Greenshot Editor.png

Unzip this setup.zip into a folder of your hard drive and double click on AdobePatchInstaller.exe. Then you Lightroom installation will be updated.

Hope this helps.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting issue, I have the same problem. I have LR6.0 and I'd like to do the update to 6.13. Via LR-help-update or via the way you suggested, I get the mesage that the uppdate is not possible, the patch is not for me. Can you please help me with that problem? Thank you! Yvonne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the update manually. The updafile you'll find here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed Lightroom 6.0 (again). I have also downloaded 6.13 (again) and tried to run it but nothing happens. I have also tried to start the EXE-file by right click on the file and and run as Administrator.
  (Antivirus software turned off.)
  The  curser changes to a hourglass  for 1-2 second the goes back to normal and nothing more happens.
  No installation windows open, and nothing else happens.
  I have even tried to install previous version but with the same result.

I have bought the Swedish version of Lightroom. Can that be the problem?

L6_1.JPG

L6_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following steps:

Deinstall all applications from Adobe

Run the Adobe Cleaner Tool

Install the Adobe's applications one after the other.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed Lightroom 6.0 on my other computer. The same result here - no updates to 6.13 is possible (not even to 6.0.1). I have another question. Why does Lightroom 6 say I have Windows 8.1 when I have Windows 10?

W81.JPG

W10.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fotografixa  wrote

I have now installed Lightroom 6.0 on my other computer. The same result here - no updates to 6.13 is possible

Several times in this thread, the link is given where you can download and install LR 6.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines