• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version of Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw crashes on macOS Big Sur.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone help me
I update to MacOS Big Sur. The Adobe versions that have been installed before use it very oke.
But when I update to the latest Adobe version, I use a little bit of my computer, it crashes, can't manipulate it, it resets itself.
Specifically, I updated Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw.
Everyone has someone like me. Who knows how to fix it, please tips with me. Thank you very much.

154983987_3875151612577047_4144961860664721156_o.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the latest version of Lightroom Classic and Camera Raw are running slower on your computer (macOS BigSur).

When exactly do the apps run slow or crashes? Does that happen while running a specific tool or using any feature?

Please checkout the steps below: 

1. Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...
  2. Try eselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Tone Curve or Color Granding, just one action, my computer crashes for 1 to 3 minutes and automatically reboots.

I don't know this. When I finish updating, the Adobe versions that were installed earlier will still work. But after I updated Lightroom and Camera Raw to the latest version from the creative cloud, this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic you are using. Please state the version NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last version from Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version NUMBER, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t remember. But this is last version updated on creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar equipment to you and I have reverted to version LrC 10.0 from LrC 10.1.1 and 10.1 due to an apparent bug introduced in LrC v 10.1.

Adobe is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud app to do uninstall and reinstall.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe is aware of the problem.

Thanks so much.

I'm worried about my computer having problems that just happened like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They´re aware of this problem but since then i dont hear anything from then. Like a note saying what is the problem and when it is going to be fixed. I got the same problems with bigsur and the lattest version of Adobe(Lightroom, Bridge, camera raw) it always crashes and so my computer freezes and turns off. Now i am working on a downgraded version 10.0. And it is ok now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I am at the moment. It is a bug that appeared to be introduced with the update from LrC 10.0 to 10.1 and ACR 13.0 to 13.1. The update to 10.1 only had some bug fixes and new Camera models support no new features.

You can get some more info in the Adobe Feedback forum.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use the Color Grading tool:D

I don't remember this tool on what version.

color-grading-black-white-lightroom-classic-17.jpg

Can you talk to me? Thanks so much.

I'm from Vietnam and my English is not good. Please sympathize. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was released with the LrC 10.0, upgrade.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-10-0/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines