Highlighted

Update win 10 to install LR Classic 9.whatever????

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the sony 20mm 1.8.  There was no profile so I went to update... apparently, we have to update windows 10 to get the 9.x needed for the lens profile to install?  This is terrible.  I don't want to update my system.  Is there no way around this other than me abandoning Adobe products?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update win 10 to install LR Classic 9.whatever????

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the sony 20mm 1.8.  There was no profile so I went to update... apparently, we have to update windows 10 to get the 9.x needed for the lens profile to install?  This is terrible.  I don't want to update my system.  Is there no way around this other than me abandoning Adobe products?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 updates come quite regularly. It's not that big of a deal. Are you not allowing them to be applied? If not, why?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not allowing them.  Why fix something that's not broken??  Also, the updates contain mitigation to pre-emptive multitasking exploits that are completely unnecessary and significantly slow your system.  I'm a systems engineer by trade, and, although I update my clients' systems automatically, I've NEVER updated one of my own in all these decades.  Cheers-

P.S. what is it about the LR update that requires the Win update??  That's a question, don't you think?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've adopted your approach as an IT pro. That's fine.

But so many systems get compromised by unpatched Windows installs. Most updates include important or critical security patches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever. Guess it's time for you to look for something to replace Lightroom. Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever?  That's nice.  You might try harder, next time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this correct, perhaps I misread.

You have Windows 10.

You are not allowing Windows 10 OS updates.

Correct?

You are just begging for a cyber attack. 

MS does not just publish those updates to add some new trinket in the OS.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or are you saying you are running Windows 7 and you do not want to upgrade to Windows 10?

That OS is going the way of the DoDo bird.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS update for Windows 10, to a specific version/build is for some features in Lightroom Classic to work, not for the program in general. Enhanced Details come to mind.

Ohh, that was due to a new capability in Windows 10 build 1809, opps, and a similar issue in MAC. Darn, one should update their OS on occasion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A cyber-attack?  I've never met one personally... of course, I know how to protect myself at the source and not let them in to begin with... That said, yes, due to blah blah, etc, one is forced to "update" sometimes.  It also breaks something as much as is patchs anything, which I most likely never need patched in the first place.

"The OS update for Windows 10, to a specific version/build is for some features in Lightroom Classic to work, not for the program in general. Enhanced Details come to mind.

Ohh, that was due to a new capability in Windows 10 build 1809, opps, and a similar issue in MAC." 

--Sounds dubious.  Could you be more specific?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find some info here-

https://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2018/08/upcoming-changes-to-photoshop-and-lightroom-os-support-fo...

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.  It would be interesting to know what they're doing.  I suspect that it has nothing to do with app enhancements... not for the user, anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, I didn't come here to argue - I take it that there's no way around my dilemma - check.  Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right - it's for the machine learning package in that update for the "enhanced details" as you say.  I wish I could just get that damn lens profile without all that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0