Exit

Updated from CC 2018 - 2020 - Let's Talk Presets

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. 
I KNOW. 

So many people have already posted about it, and ironically through the 40+ posts I read through, not ONE of these was my issue. If this is already covered, I apologize.

In the 2018 version, you dragged presets into the develop folder. Lightroom read the folder. Perfect, organized.

2020. I tried the same thing in the new Settings folder of Camera Raw. Nothing. Nada. It EVEN did the ~~ convert, but the files did not change to xmp from lrtemplate. 

I did the "+"  add presets, and I tried a whole folder. 

That worked. But I lose my file structure for the hundreds, if not thousands, of presets if I continue on like this.

All things that SHOULDNT be checkmarked aren't, things that should be, as a guide, are.
I need help to figure this out, this is a brand new workstation and if I can't get back to where I was with speed, I'm screwed 😕 

Also, as an ironic second add, the pictures I loaded from the previous updated cataloge, show the history of the edit, and the preset controls are there lmao. I know that's more of a cataloge thing, but damn.

TriforceStudios_0-1591577586554.png

Thank you for any help you guys/gals/people might be able to throw my way! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new XMP presets no longer use the file system folders to organize the screen folders. The screen folder names are stored in the XMP files.

When LR converts the LrTemplate files to XMP, the folders are recreated and transfered.

The plug-in referenced above should be able to tidy things up in multiple directions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, awesome!

Thank you to both of you for such clear and conscice instructions! 

Have a great night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I lied. That did not work. To make things easier, I've screen recorded what's going on.

By the time this posts, it should be in high quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so we still have this problem and it's hurt my workflow to the point where I can't even open Lightroom without dealing with it first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the plug-in did not work fully, you can use your favorite text editor (not word processor) to add the folder name to the presets manually.

Need lots more details about what did and did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! 

Thanks for replying! 

I posted a video in a comment above about all the steps I took so you could see it visually! If that video does not work, I'll repost it here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines