• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated photoshop now won't edit photos sent from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop. I had already updated Lightroom.

In LIghtroom, when I right click>edit in Photoshop, Lightroom will import the photo to Photoshop but everything is gray and I can't edit anything. I can duplicate the layer by dragging it into a new layer but that is it. My shortcuts don't work either.  I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled but still... the same thing. I opened a different catalog, same thing... I can access the file outside of Lightroom and open it in Photoshop.... but I need to be able to work in between Lightroom and Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Well, today Adobe has updated PS, looks like it fixes the LR to PS issue

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. Open PS first, then send from LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried opening Photoshop first and then sending it to Photoshop... It didn't work. I went to Lightroom and reset any and everything I could find after I had reinstalled it deleting all of my preferences... and it worked... finally... after about 2 hours of time wasted messing around trying to figure this out. That will teach me to update... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it'll happen again. Another suggestion I've seen is to disable the Home Screen - the setting is in Preferences, General. No idea if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem for a while. <Edit in photoshop> did open photo in Photoshop but all edit functions was grey. Then problem become even worst so that even <Edit in photoshop> function in Lightroom was grey and photos don't open in Photoshop anymore. I still can open same photos directly in Photoshop and edit them, but the workflow between Lightroom and Photoshop is not working anymore.

I updated Photoshop to version 20.0.1 couple of weeks ago and Lightroom  to version 8.0 (2019) some weeks earlier.

Obviously this is a bug, but opening PS first did not help in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today Adobe has updated PS, looks like it fixes the LR to PS issue

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT IS NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get a message on the updated LR today 11/24/21 that Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file .... for editing.  It will not be open.  All closes and Nothing happens.  Same as before your updates today in both LR / PS.  I need to get files into PS darn!!!!!!!  I need to make a book.  I can't edit files in PS, or Topaz or nothing!  Totally crippled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last update of Photoshop (version 20.0.2) the bug is fixed. I've tested the functionality and it worked. You can send a picture from LR to Photoshop ("Edit in Photoshop") without starting Photoshop first or disable the home screen in PS.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the LR to PS problem isn't solved on my iMac.

Photshop starts up, but still doesn't open (any) files. It drives me nuts. Everything is updatet on my iMac 5k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to know if there is a fix yet for this? I updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and it's still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This correct answer is gone. Can you please edit this to Unsolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread you posted in is almost two years old.

If you are having an issue with a newer version of LrC o0r Photoshop then you should start a new thread and provide the updated info.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines