Highlighted

updated to lightroom classic 3.3 (the newest version) and cannot run the damn app

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to update my version of light room to the latest version and after the update I try to run the application and I get this error message:

The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So i uninstall the program and did as suggested and reinstalled from scratch. and I get the same damn message when i try to start the program up.

WTF is this why did adobe release such a buggy update that I can't even run the program and have to go back to the older version?!

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

updated to lightroom classic 3.3 (the newest version) and cannot run the damn app

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to update my version of light room to the latest version and after the update I try to run the application and I get this error message:

The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So i uninstall the program and did as suggested and reinstalled from scratch. and I get the same damn message when i try to start the program up.

WTF is this why did adobe release such a buggy update that I can't even run the program and have to go back to the older version?!

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to go to the Microsoft's website and download the appropriate Micsosoft Visual C++ Redistributable installation packages.

Please take a look here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/can-t-open-latest-update-of-lr-classic-missing-dll-...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/latest-update-for-lr-amp-vcruntime140-1-dil/td-p/11...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as Lightroom Classic 3.3. If you would be so kind, please tell us: are your talking about Lightroom 3.3, or Lightroom Classic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines