Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates from PS 2021 to LRc

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Up until recently, changes to a file processed and saved in PS 2021 merely updated that same file in LRc. Now, when I save new changes to a file in PS, a new file is generated which must be imported into LRc, and that also adds a sequance number to the new file - _2, _3, _4, etc.

How do I get the old behavior back that just updates the orginal file?

Thanks so much,

Guy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Thank you, WobertC.

This resolves my issue for which I am most grateful.

My very best,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more detail of your System Info and the methods you are using?

I can achieve what you want with a TIF file-  LrC>Ps>LrC.

From Lightroom-Classic you must [Edit Original]

And when more edits applied in Photoshop you must simply [SAVE] and [Close] the image.

2021-06-24 12_09_13-Edit Photo with Adobe Photoshop 2021.jpg2021-06-24 12_10_02-© 1024x768_RHC-0074-Photoshop.tif @ 100% (Hue_Saturation 1, RGB_16) _.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello WobertC,

Thank you for your response.

I am on a 16" MacBook Pro and BenQ monitor, running OS 11.4. I only work with TIF files in PS.

I have been opening files directly inside PS and not via LrC. Are you saying that in order to achieve the behavior I want, I must always open the file to PS from LrC, using Edit Orginal, of course?

Thanks again,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that in order to achieve the behavior I want, I must always open the file to PS from LrC, using Edit Orginal..

YES!

If you 'Open' the TIF file from the OS File Browser, or Adobe Bridge, then Lightroom-Classic has no knowledge of the edit changes you make to the file, and Ps will try to protect your orginal by making the -2 -3 copies when it 'saves'. LrC has no knowledge of these 'new' files either- thus the need to Import!

For a comprehensive series of articles on Lightroom to Photoshop 'Round-tripping' see this link-

Each page has a 'Next Section' link at the base.

https://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=2730114

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, WobertC.

This resolves my issue for which I am most grateful.

My very best,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines