Updates unbelievably slow

Jan 22, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to update LR, PS and Bridge for 3 days now.  I run it for 12 hours (overnight) and get to 6% on the update.  Then it appears to freeze.  There is nothing wrong with my internet connection; I'm only having issues with Adobe updates.  Anyone know why this is so bad?  Will it ge better?  Is it time to switch to Capture One??

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updates unbelievably slow

Jan 22, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to update LR, PS and Bridge for 3 days now.  I run it for 12 hours (overnight) and get to 6% on the update.  Then it appears to freeze.  There is nothing wrong with my internet connection; I'm only having issues with Adobe updates.  Anyone know why this is so bad?  Will it ge better?  Is it time to switch to Capture One??

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

See; https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

basically uninstall then reinstall fresh new copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Note. in that Adobe document, you try part 1, if that works great, if not go on to part 2, etc.

Just in case, also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install.html 

And for harder cases: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/stop-responding-downloading-apps.html

CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10; mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY
APP: LRC 9.2, PS 21.1; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3; Just another Adobe customer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Do I also need to uninstall LR and PS?

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks. Do I also need to uninstall LR and PS?"

No

CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10; mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.3; 4K EXT DSPY
APP: LRC 9.2, PS 21.1; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3; Just another Adobe customer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Hi DPM, did that help?

If that doesn't work for you, then another option would be to request/use the new 2020 direct download links instead, which don't use the Creative Cloud Desktop app at all. With those, you can download offline installers which are industry-standard .exe/.dmg files.

It is frequently reported those standalone installers will download much faster over the same Internet connection than when using the Desktop app... nobody's ever really been sure why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines