• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Lightroom 5 to current Version

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I update to the most current Verison of Light Room from Lightroom 5, will all

my work be mirgrated to the newesr verison of Lightrom?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends what you mean by the "most current Verison of Light Room"!

The current version that upgrades with the features of Lr-5 (and more added) is called Lightroom-CLASSIC and is at v9.2

Lr-Classic is only available by subscription to the Photography Plan 20Gb.

After installing Lr-Classic by using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Lr-Classic will do a copy and upgrade your Lr5 working catalog to be compatible with Lr-Classic 9.2.

OTOH- Lightroom (Cloud based) v3.2 is an entirely new program (NOT at upgrade from Lr5) and your photos are stored in Cloud storage.  Lightroom cannot "migrate" your Lr5 catalog to the Cloud unless you first upgrade it (perhaps with a trial of Lr-Cassic), but there certainly is that facility.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/migrate-from-classic-to-lightroom-cloud/

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html

Note that the Photography Plan with 20Gb includes both Lightroom AND Lightroom-Classic & Ps.

The Photography Plan with 1Tb is for Lightroom (Cloud) only &Ps.

WHICH LIGHTROOM IS RIGHT FOR YOU

Buy Lightroom Classic 20Gb or 1tB & COMPARE

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That answers my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you subscribe to the Photography Plan, your current work (in your current catalog) will indeed be copied and upgraded to work in Lightroom Classic, which is what you want. You also get the cloud version called Lightroom, which you may or may not want, I have never installed it. Don't confuse Lightroom Classic with Lightroom, even though the names are confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. Big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines