• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Lightroom Classic and Lightroom cloud version stalls

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot update either of the two Lightroom versions (9.2 and 3.2). Both stalls or stops close to 100%. I havd to cancel the updates manually, and now Classic will not launch. What would be the best solution to this? Uninstall and reinstall both programs? Windows 10, desktop PC, 16Gb ram, two SSD disks 1Tb each, just upgraded from smaller disks. And if I have to reinstall, how do I ensure that my catalog still exists afterwards? I take backups regularly.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H there,

Sorry that you cannot update Lightroom desktop and Lightroom Classic to the latest versions as the update process stops when it reaches close to 100%.

Would you mind checking this tech note https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-update-errors.html and let us know if that helps updating the apps?

Regarding the other query you have, catalogs are not affected if you uninstall the application. Reinstall these apps might resolve the problem you're facing.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Lightroom classic. Now both versions are ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Glad to know it helped. 

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines