Highlighted

Updating to Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I wonder if anyone can help me. i want to update my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 10 as lightroom will not update to the latest version unless I do.

My question is, what happens to programmes like Lightroom and Photoshop? Will I have to install them again and how would I go about this. Is it a case of just logging into my creative cloud account and downloading again? Or will I need some sort of product key to reinstall? 

Historicall y when  I do something like this it goes wrong. Last time I had to take my lap top to a shop as it crashed and I couldnt get it up and running again. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updating to Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I wonder if anyone can help me. i want to update my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 10 as lightroom will not update to the latest version unless I do.

My question is, what happens to programmes like Lightroom and Photoshop? Will I have to install them again and how would I go about this. Is it a case of just logging into my creative cloud account and downloading again? Or will I need some sort of product key to reinstall? 

Historicall y when  I do something like this it goes wrong. Last time I had to take my lap top to a shop as it crashed and I couldnt get it up and running again. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Lightroom or Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did a In Place, Over the Top, install of Win 10 on my main Win 7 desktop all Adobe programs worked. But that was near the end of 2019 or just after 2020 started. There has been updates to Win 10 and to all the Adobe programs since then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should work fine. Your programs ought to run properly without re-installation. However, since I haven't done it recently, I can't be 100% sure. If you need to re-install, there is no "product key" for Lightroom Classic. If you have an older version of Lightroom (i.e. Lightroom 6 or earlier) then you need your serial number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
George LATEST
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Historicall y when  I do something like this it goes wrong. 

On one of my PC is upgraded without problems and stores Adobe soft. On another PC I have to reinstall, AFAIR. Never mind - I prefer to install new OS clear without any soft and do install of every program one-by-one. 

Lightroom have internal backup feature - use it!

https://youtu.be/ZIgF1IRTJCQ 

Take control of your Lightroom catalog: https://www.scottdavenportphoto.com/lightroom-asset-management/ It is very important to backup your Lightroom catalog...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines