• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded cloud storage, still can't sync to Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported about 2,000 photos to the Lightroom mobile by mistake, on a new iMac. I prefer editing in Classic, so that why I say by mistake. I downloaded Classic and started a sync with the photos on the mobile app.

I ran out of storage on the cloud mid-sync (was 20GB), so I upgraded to 1TB. Only 1,300 photos of 2000 synched, thoguh I can see them all in the mobile version. After upgrading, Lightroom Classic still says I only have 20GB of storage, even though I have been charged for 1TB, and I can't get the remaining photos to sync. Any ideas what to do?

As a side note, does anyone know where my photos might be stored on the iMac hard drive? I was just going to import them to Classic that way, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. They're not in Pictures. And they have disappeared from my camera memory cards - even though I did not choose to delete after download, they are gonzo! So the only place I can find them right now is on the Lightroom mobile app (and assuming they may all be somewhere in the "cloud."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this suggestion by Techburner and it didn't work: 

Hello,

Kindly follow the below steps and confirm if that fixed your issue.

• Sign out of Creative Cloud
  • Using Activity Monitor (macOS) or Task Manager (Windows), ensure that the following two processes are closed: CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service.
  • Navigate to the following path:

macOS: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

Windows: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\

• Rename the "Coresync" folder to "Coresync_old".
  • Relaunch Creative Cloud and check if you are logged in with the correct account. 

I hope this might fix your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application installed on your computer?

Are you signed in to your Adobe a/c with Adobe Creative Cloud?

If so does it display which Adobe apps are installed?

With respect as to where Lightroom Classic would have placed the image files when downloaded, go to Lightroom Preferences > Lightroom Sync (tab) > Location, you should see where the files would have been saved.

You will also note you can choose the folder where you wish them to be placed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved one issue - I had upgraded to the Premiere Pro account with 1TB of storag, which I thought was supposed to include Lightroom and would enable the syncing. To fix the problem, I signed up for the Creative Cloud All Apps plan, which includes 100GB of storage. 

Now I'm being charged for both plans - I went to cancel the Premiere Pro account, but it says I won't be able to use Lightroom if I cancel. Yes, I'm logged in... so shouldn't Adobe know I'm signed up with the All App plan? Confused... I think I'll just have to call to get this straightened out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two different accounts. Stay signed in to both.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines