• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to Catalina and now my Catalog is out of sync

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded OS to Catalina. Upgraded Adobe software. When opening Lightroom Classic a message came up that i've seen in the past saying we need to update your catalog to work with you newer version of LC. In the past its been fine. This time there are missing folders, missing files, folders grayed out with warning symbols. I right click on those folders and select "find missing files", direct lightroom to the location of those files and only some re-sync. This appears to be a nightmare I've been thrown into. Any suggestions? I'm on a Mac btw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the Lightroom-Classic 'update' of a Catalog has wrongly updated an 'old' Catalog and not your current working Catalog.

Use Finder to locate all ???.LRCAT files to find your most recent Catalog- [Double-Click] to 'open' and update the current one.

If the v10 Catalog is your most recent, then you need help to re-link Folders and Files.

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello David,

while what Wobert suggests may work as a Mac user I suggest two things:

1. Check the permissions for Lightroom in the OS - Catalina introduced a new permissions protocol. Google 'Catalina update/Lightroom/Permissions' and you should find the answer - sorry I am on my phone from Gulu, Uganda so accessing everything is tricky.

2. To find your recent catalogs (if more than one) there is in File menu Open Recent which will give you a list ...

I suspect the first is the answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines